Become inspired and meet international students of primary and secondary education and coaching staff (teachers and academic staff) at the Teacher in Europe (TIE 2019) student conference in Zwolle, the Netherlands, on 8, 9 and 10 May 2019! Our successful international conference will be aimed at students from teacher trainer colleges for both primary (age group: '4–12') and secondary education (age groups: '12–15' and '15-18'). Theme of the conference will be: ‘Educating teachers for diversity: meeting the challenge!’
Diversity has become the new standard in our continuously globalizing world, not only in terms of nationality, but also in terms of religion, social class, and so on. As a result, this reality is reflected in the composition of a class of students. As a (future) teacher, you therefore have a possibility to teach students how to deal with both the difficulties and opportunities of diversity. The focus during the TIE2019 student conference will be on how to successfully deal with diversity in the classroom. A range of experts will provide you with theoretical reflections and practical tools to prepare you for this task!
Students will work in international groups on an international project plan about diversity and will be guided by coaches. During the final day of the conference each group will present their plan to the other groups.
A special programme for coaches will provide support in guiding the students during the process if working on their projects. Coaches are able to travel under the Erasmus+ programme.
Accommodation and catering will be free for student participants. To enjoy this conference we ask you to pay 50 euro's. Students from HU, KPZ or Viaa are free to come.
Deadline for application for TIE2019: 15 March 2019
Please check this schedule to determine your conference fee (participant type): Overview Participant types:
A - Students
A1. KPZ, VIAA, HU (International Class or Dutch) student (No conference fee)
A2. All other (international) students. (Conference fee: € 50,-)
B – Teachers and Academic Staff of Teacher Training Colleges
B1. Teacher/Academic Staff
Teachers and Staff will participate as a coach during the conference. Coaches are (mostly) able to travel under the Erasmus+ Programme. For information about Erasmus please ask at your home University’s International Office. (No conference fee).
C. Conference Lecturers and Organisation
C1 Lecturer at the TIE conference (No conference fee)
C2 Conference Organisation (administrative, coordinators ..) (No conference fee)
All participants, students and teachers are obliged to pay € 50,- administration costs if they withdraw within 4 weeks before the conference.
Please note:This cancellation policy is also effective for students from Viaa, HU or KPZ.
If you withdraw within 4 weeks before the conference date, after Wednesday 10 April, you are obliged to pay € 50,- for registration.
Organisers of the TIE student conference are: HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht Katholieke PABO Zwolle Viaa Reformed Pabo.
TIE Poster 2019
TIE 2019 - Programme
TIE 2018 - Programme - Example
Registration procedure participants
1. Click on the title ‘Student conference Teacher in Europe 2019’ (or: click on ‘Log in’ - right corner of the home page)
2. You enter the page to register. First time here you create a new account by clicking on : ‘Create new account’
3. Fill out the questions to create your account (For the question about participant type, read also the information at this homepage)
4. You receive a link in your mailbox to confirm your registration.
5. Please confirm your registration by following the instructions in the 'confirmation email' and enter the Teacher in Europe Moodle environment.
6. Click on the conference title: 'Student Conference Teacher in Europe 2019'
7. 'Enrolment options' appears (above the conference title) on the screen.
8. Scroll with the cursor to the bottom of the home page and add a picture to your profile information
9. Click the button: ‘Enrol me' (at the bottom of the webpage)
10. At the screen appears the following text: 'Enrolment application successfully sent. You will be informed by email when your enrolment has been confirmed. 11. When you have problems with completing your profile before you have clicked the button: 'Enrol me', you can edit your profile later.
Please add a photo to your profile asap after you have enrolled yourself.
12. Maybe explore the Teacher and Europe Moodle environment a bit and sign out.
13. When you receive the confirmation email that you have been enrolled, you have access to the Moodle environment of Teacher in Europe 2019.
Please note: Because we expect many registrations from students and because we want a fair share of participants from different institutes, we decided to use the following policy for admission. The first four students from each institute that register will be admitted. The fifth and subsequent students from an institute will be put on a waiting list until the deadline for registration. Hereafter we will check the number of registered participants and check if there are still places available. If possible, we will ask students on the waiting list whether they still are willing to participate or not. We have places for approximately 100 participants. Non-Dutch students from Europe will be accepted in balance with Dutch students and in the same way we maintain balance between different nationalities.
For questions about the registration procedure or other questions related to the Teacher in Europe student conference send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Ria Posthumus, International Office Katholieke Pabo Zwolle)
Harrie Poulssen - International Officer Katholieke Pabo Zwolle and music teacher
Bert Kuiper - Coördinator PABO 1 & 2, Internship Office Viaa
Anouk Zuurmond - Teacher Trainer Institute Archimedes - Hogeschool Utrecht